Friday, January 31, 2014

Exchanging a gift for a spiritual service

I have had a few people in the past comment that they don't think I should charge money for the readings I do or the classes I teach.  Believe me, I do understand these thoughts.  There have been times in my past when I deeply needed help from a healer or a psychic, yet that person would not work with me because I didn't have the money.  These situations left a bad taste in my mouth.  I thought, at the time, "How can you have such an amazing gift and not share it with the people who REALLY need it instead of just the people who have money?"

By the way, I do offer my work to people who don't have the money, all they have to do is communicate their financial situation to me.  This takes courage, I know, and that courage is the first step in taking responsibility for oneself.

Over the years, I have witnessed an interesting phenomenon, which is that when a person offers nothing for  a reading or a healing, (money or a gift) then they tend to not take the teaching as seriously.  It seems that receiving a service for free means, to some people, that the result is not as valuable.  Receiving a service for free is a passive experience.  It tends to be like sitting back and watching a movie.  There is not much involvement and little desire to take responsibility for one's own healing and growth.  Whereas offering money or a gift for a service, is taking action.  It is getting directly involved in the result of the reading/healing and letting the Universe know that you are taking matters into your own hands.  In other words: responsibility.

So when you want a service from someone such as a psychic, healers, medicine person and so on, and you don't have the money, then always offer a gift.  Show some respect for that person's knowledge and life experiences.  Consider what that person has gone through in order to receive his or her knowledge.  Consider what it took in order for that person to rise the position of teacher/healer/guide.  Because someone who did not put in the time and effort is not worth the money anyway!

Expecting something for free only cheapens the outcome.  Whereas taking action, taking responsibility and stepping up to the plate honors everyone involved.  Prove that the wisdom and knowledge that comes your way will not go to waste with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment